Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Crawfish, Cigarettes, and Fishing Line Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


By the way, a white supremacist/propagandist has been given unprecedented power by the current president.  I am not okay with this.  #Notapoliticalcomment #Facts #Vigilance #Resistance

Man - some days, you just have to push forward purely on force of will... yesterday, after a full day of work, I recorded an upcoming Double Shot show, then I headed to The 5 Spot for another $2 Tuesday.  Elli Perry, Thor Platter, Los Colognes - including Derek Hoke joining for a new song of his, AJ Hobbs (who I have featured here on E2TG and who is in the New Music playlist - by the way AJ Hobbs backing band included all three members of Buck N' Stuff, and the late night set was Buck N' Stuff themselves  Not a bad night of music for $2.  Dragging a bit today - but...

Today's Wild Wednesday Shuffle comes from a random shuffle of all of the songs currently on my phone.


"Driver 8" (Live) by R.E.M.

We start with an early live version of one my favorite R.E.M. songs.  Driver 8 would later appear on Fables of the Reconstruction/Reconstruction of the Fables.  The video playlist has a 1984 live version of this song, but I am not sure if it is the same as the one I heard.  The song sounds pretty fully formed in the recording I heard this morning.

"Old England" by The Waterboys

Speaking of 1985, this is a track from The Waterboys third album which was released late in that year. 

"The City" by Ron Muga

Good to hear Ron Muga back in the shuffle. This is a song from his 2014 album Wonderful Doom which we featured back around that time.  I really dig this song. 

"Cosmic Pulse" by Elephant Revival

It's also been a little while since I've had Elephant Revival in a shuffle. This is a track from their live album/DVD called Seeds of Now which came out a couple of years ago. The album was recorded at the Boulder Theater.  Elephant Revival are a Colorado-based band.

"Shame Game" by Angela Burns

Angela Burns is an Austin Texas based singer-songwriter. This song is from her 2016 released So That You Can Feel Better. 

"Cajun with a K" by Kevin Gordon

A seven minute song from Kevin Gordon's latest album (2015), Long Gone Time.  I was fortunate enough to get to write a review of this album when it came out. I loved it then and I love it now.  I also got to review the CD release show at City Winery in September 2015.

"Killing a Little Time" by David Bowie

A surprise David Bowie EP was released on what would have been his 70th birthday (January 8, 2017).  This is one of four tracks on that EP. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment