Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - Tennessee Sun Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

I have been getting some positive feedback on my recent spate of Op/Ed comments at the beginning of many of these posts. This has been heartening because - honestly, I don't like doing it, but at the same time, I know at this point in history - I must.  Honestly, there is a surreal quality to much of what has been going on with this current administration. And it's not good surreal (I love good surreal as much - or maybe more - than the next guy).  Yesterday - competing headlines talked about the President's son-in-law being questioned about previously undisclosed meetings with Russian officials AND this same son-in-law being appointed to a previously non-existent position with sweeping authority. In what bizarro realm does this make sense?
*******************************************************************************

In better news, in the next week, I hope to be announcing most (if not all) of the musical artists who will be part of the E2TG 6th Anniversary/Residency at The 5 Spot in May. Go ahead and mark Wednesdays on your May calendar. I'm excited about this lineup. Expect surprises and maybe even giveaways.



It's Tuesday, I spent last night uploading a bunch of music into my phone's memory.  I don't think any of that music came up today, but soon.... Tons of great music being released, and a bunch of it is finding its way to my ears.

Trending Tuesday reflects a shuffle of my "New Music" playlist. This is primarily (but not exclusively) music that has been submitted to me. I also add some other notable current music just for variety.  Let's see what shuffle comes up with today...


"Picture" by Someday

We begin with the E2TG debut of Italian band Someday with a track from their album This Doesn't Exist which is due out this coming Friday (3/31).  This is their debut album, and the songs are all about things that do not or no longer exist. 

"Standing on Faith" by Corey Ledet and His Zydeco Band

We move from Italy to Louisiana when the title track off the recently released album by 2013 Grammy Award nominated Corey Ledet and His Zydeco Band. 

"Painting a Hole" by The Shins

The Shins recently released their fifth studio album called Heartworms - their first since 2012. This is the second track on that album.  

"It's Not Too Late" by Josh Hyde

Next up, a track from The Call of the Night, the latest album from Louisiana native Josh Hyde. The album was produced by Nashville's Joe V. McMahan. 

"Honky Tonk Wings" by Sally Jaye

I got to see Sally Jaye perform Sunday night - which was a real treat. She is the co-founder of Cafe Rooster Records and a member of the band Ladies Gun Club.  She recently released a couple of previously unreleased tracks. This one was written and recorded in 2010 in Asheville, NC. 

"Badass Bitch" by Microwave Mountain

Next we have another track from the Shades Up album by Nashville's own Microwave Mountain.  As I am sure I have mentioned, they are one of my favorite "new" bands in Nashville. 

"Migraine" by Ugggy

Ugggy is part of the 2016 Band of the Year - Valued Customer. He recently released The Divided Tape his second solo release following last year's Legends of the SmoKe.  I am digging this so much, and I feel so justified in my Band of the Year selection. Ugggy adds the hip hop element to Valued Customer's unique sound, and although I don't credit myself an expert on hip hop by any means, this is among the best I have heard.

"Tennessee Sun" by The Kernal

We close out the shuffle as we began with a E2TG debut. This is a track from the latest album (Light Country) by Tennessee native The Kernal.  This is thoroughly original vintage sounding country music. I am digging this album a lot.  As I was looking up information, I realized that he played The Basement last night.  Bummed that I missed it. Expect to hear much more from this. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST
(Click link above to view video playlist)

No comments:

Post a Comment