Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - Southbound Ghosts Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!




As I mentioned yesterday, my debut novel, The Drift is available via Amazon.

For those who read on Kindle, it is now available in that format!  If you buy the physical copy of the book, you can get the Kindle version for just $0.99. 

I'm happy to say after one day on sale, The Drift is already the best-selling novel of my career! Did I mention it's my debut novel. ;-)   But seriously, thanks everyone who has expressed interest and/or bought it. It means a lot.


While I am in a promoting mood, I want to remind you that E2TG will take over The 5 Spot in East Nashville every Thursday in June from 6-8:30.  Tons of great music and fun.   Details below:

Week 1:  Clark Paterson, The Big Dumb, Rayvon Pettis
Week 2: The End Men, Ted Drozdowski's Psychedelic Circus, Ben de la Cour
Week 3:  Brian Milligram, Microwave Mountain, The Coal Men
Week 4: Joanna Barbera, Bee Taylor, Eli Cook


Onward.... It's time for another Trending Tuesday shuffle on E2TG...  I added a ton of new music to the New Music playlist since Friday.  That playlist is up over 650 songs.  Truth is, I am adding music faster than I can feature it. I know I need to do a clean up and move some older "new" songs out, but I have trouble doing that for some reason.

In any event, we have some cool tunes to get to - so let's not dawdle.


"Last Lullaby" by Ali Handal

We start things off with a sweet and powerful song from L.A. singer-songwriter Ali Handal from her 2017 album That's What She Said. This is the last song on the album, but not our last song to feature. 

"Clean Gift" by Marie/Lepanto

Marie/Lepanto is the new duo project featuring Will Johnson (Centro-matic, South San Gabriel) and Justin Kinkel-Schuster (Waterliars).  The debut album as Marie/Lepanto is called Tenkiller. 

"Wanderlust" by Matt Tanner

Next up, we have a track from the self-titled debut album by New Jersey singer-songwriter Matt Tanner.  His album was recorded here in Nashville which is when I met him at The 5 Spot while hanging out with my DJ partner Sue. 

"Shallow Pool" by Cup

I was late in getting to Cup's 2017 album Hiccup - so we actually have their two most recent albums in the "New Music" playlist.  Their latest album is called Jitter Visions and it was just released in April - five months after the release of Hiccup. This is a track from the earlier album. Cup is a hard rocking New York band led by drummer Tym Wojcik - who is originally from Dallas. I'm actually very late to the Cup party - as Jitter Vision is Tym's eighth release. 

"Ghost at the Edge of Town" by Danny Sandock

Next up, we have a cool song from California (by way of Indiana and Nashville) songwriter Danny Sandock. We've been featuring some of his older music as well as some sneak peeks into his forthcoming 5th album. This is actually a track from his debut album Back to Unreality.  I mislabeled it, and it sneaked into the New Music playlist, but it's new to me and maybe to you so I'm not complaining. 

"Feels Like a Good Reason to Get Started" by The Elation

Next up, we have a first listen to Cork (Ireland) band The Elation from their forthcoming  (June 1) EP - Clickbait. The band plays dance-able indie pop music. Their EP was produced by Andy Whitmore in London.  This track was released as a benefit single for The Cork Gay Project in conjunction with Cork Pride. Look for more from Clickbait - coming soon. 

"K" by Pylon Reenactment Society

I keep saying it - 'cause it is true - one of the funnest and best shows I've seen in 2018 was Pylon Reenactment Society at The Basement.  Vanessa Briscoe Hay was lead single of the legendary Athens, Georgia band Pylon. Following the death of guitarist Randall Bewley in 2009 - Pylon was over. But, Briscoe Hay has kept the legacy alive. Backed some talented young musicians - the band puts on a hell of a show and sounds amazing.  They released Part Time Punks Sessions early this year.  This song was originally the lead track from Pylon's second studio album Chomp in 1983.

"Southbound" by Bob Rea

We close things out with the title track from the latest album by Nashville/Colorado singer-songwriter Bob Rea.  May 31, Rea will be at Douglas Corner with many of the people who played on Southbound for the official Nashville CD Release show for the album.  This is a really great song and a great way to end the shuffle. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST










No comments:

Post a Comment