Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Chili Isn't Chili Mix



Ready Set Go... well, I'm going to be out and about the rest of this week.  I MAY sneak in an entry or two.  In the mean time, I will leave you with another fine, fine mix of music...

PRE-SHUFFLE:

1. "Chili" by Dog Without Warning (Did I mention the latest Dog Without Warning record is bad ass? Well, it is.  My shuffle mode has been digging this song and so have I.)
2."Oh Darlin'" by Mystery Twins (Happy to present another song from this Nashville-based musical side project. - two members of The Clutters)
3. "Infatuation" by Dog Without Warning (Did I mention that the latest Dog Without Warning record is really, really bad ass?  Well, it really really is! This song is one of my favorites from the 'Bark' EP.  Oh who am I kidding, all of the songs on 'Bark' are my favorites.)
 4. "The Escape" by SkyBurnsRed (more music from this hot UK band).
 5. "Sorry, But I'm Yours" by Ben Shive (Another awesome track from this unique Nashville Singer/Songwriter)
6. & 7. "Is There Anybody Out There?" and "Nothing Stays the Same" by Human Face (Really digging the Brit-Pop feel of this band)
8. "What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding" by Steve Earle (covering Elvis Costello (doing a Nick Lowe tune)) (A live and loud version of the Nick Lowe classic. Trivia, Earle's son Justin Townes is in the band for this song) 
9. "Bring Me Backwards" by Ellis Paul (Man oh Man, I dig this song.  Came to me via the latest Feel Bad for You mixtape)

and then we transition into the Shuffle with one of the strongest cuts on the excellent new EP by Tipi Valley

SHUFFLE AFTER THE JUMP!


  • "You Know" by Tipi Valley from Rock 'n Roll Lives On (2013)

 




This song was Tipi Valley's contribution to CXCW13. Tipi Valley is from Swansea, UK. I'll have to remember to ask him if Swansea is as beautiful as it sounds....
  • "Piling It On" by Decades from Deep Deep Pink Sessions (2013)


'Cause sometimes you need some good Hard Rock in your mix.

  • "Rebel Music" by Coastwest Unrest from Old Weird America (2010)

I'm really, really, really digging this Las Vegas band which I was introduced to via Noisetrade.  This song comes from the band's 2010 album, Old Weird America.
  • "Easy Chair" by Great Divide from Great Divide (2013)
A great way to close out today's Shuffle.  There is a lovely, comfortable feel to this band, and so far I think I like every single song I've heard.

PLAYLIST


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment