Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Another Kind of Mix Mix










I decided to search through my collection and pull out some bands I've featured in the past, who I haven't had the chance to listen to for a while, and I added a couple into the Playlist from which I draw my daily mix.  Three songs by one of those artists came up in the Pre-Shuffle today. Kafka (aka Wayne Kafka) plays pretty awesome alternative music. I think in the year or so since I heard songs from his Mysterious Skin EP (which was released in 2010), I had forgotten just how good his music is.  "Jump Down" and "Don't Cry" were the first two songs in the Pre-Shuffle today, and another song "Run with the Buffalo" came up at the end of the Pre-shuffle. 


 
I've been listening to and digging on the new album by Nikki Sue and the Bad News, but today's track goes back, way back, all the way to 2012 and the title track to the Lower Places EP. 

Jake Miller's song "Steven" comes to my playlist via Amazon's Free Music from Rising Artists list for June. His album is called The Road Less Traveled. Maybe it's just me, but I think I expected a song by Jake Miller from an album called The Road Less Traveled to be countryish or Americanaish, but this is some pretty cool hip-hop.  

I last heard The High Score backing Mic Harrison - at least I assume this is the same The High Score.  In any event, the song is called "I Feel Bad for You" and yes, it does come from the current month's Feel Bad for You Mixtape.

Next up, I have another track from Wheelchair Sports Camp - namely the title track to the awesome Where We All Live EP. I seriously dig this band.

Our Pre-Shuffle closed just as I reached the parking lot with the aforementioned third Kafka song of the day.

More after the JUMP



Here at Ear to the Ground we arent' afraid to play the music that other blogs won't play, and we especially like breaking new artists on the cusp of something.  I'm not even sure where I found out about this band, but I like it. I mean, I don't see this really catching on, but you know, it's good stuff....  They call themselves Daft Punk - although neither name seems to fit. Oh well, the have a new album called Random Access Memories, and our song today is called "Giorgio by Moroder"


 

Of course, when it seems appropriate, we occasionally will present songs by some of the biggest artists of the day. We don't apologize for this - we are all about music and music comes in all shapes, sizes, styles and levels of popular mainstream success. In the past, we've had songs by Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift and Don Ryan.  Today, we bring you - from Nashville, Tennessee - Skeleton at the Feast with "Paris Syndrome".  Yeah, I know, you hear this on the radio all day, but you know you like it.




Seriously though ya'll check out by buddy Hayden Coleman's friend Levi Skeleton. This Noisetrade Sampler also includes the Hayden Coleman produced, "These Kids"


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment