Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Better Than That Mix



Good Monday Morning....  E2TG is back with our Morning Shuffle to excite and delight you!


"Raised by Wolves" by U2 from Songs of Innocence

Wait! How the heck did this get on my computer?  So, basically, it's typical late career U2. If you like late career U2, you will like this.  If you don't like late career U2, you probably won't like this. The video is a cover of the song done on a ukulele.

"Gimme Some Motivation" by Delta Spirit from Lost and Found/I Think I've Found It

Every once in a while, my music player has this odd delay where the song will change before the picture changes.  So, this song came on and when I looked at my phone, I saw the album cover for U2, and I thought, "Wow! If this was on the new U2 album, I would be excited."  It's not. It's Delta Spirit. I'm still excited.

"As Time Goes By" by Victoria Williams from Sings Some Ol' Songs

The fundamental things apply...  Play it, Sam!

"You Don't Want Want Change, Change is for the Deranged" by The Yugos from The Yugos

Great song title by a cool young band from Kentucky which I learned about in a Facebook post by Dan Stuart (Green on Red, Danny and Dusty).

"Never Give In" by Will Hoge from Never Give In

Will Hoge is an award winning, Grammy nominated  Nashville musician/singer/songwriter.
"Wintertime" by Chris Stamey from Lovesick Blues

Damn - there was a chill in the air this morning, but I'm not ready for Winter yet... Then again, I'm not sure this song is just about the literal season, and I really, really dig this song.

"Morning Light" by The Dirty Guv'nahs from Hearts on Fire

Another grooving song from the latest album by Knoxville's The Dirty Guv'nahs. 

"It Was My Season" by Okkervil River from The Silver Gymnasium

Will Sheff and company with the opening song from their 7th and most recent album.

"Better Than That" by Sam Davison from Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen: Section 4/Always Around

Our final track from the 4th edition of the Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen sampler, and an awesome way to close out our Monday Shuffle.  I'm a big fan of Sam Davison.



VIDEO




             

No comments:

Post a Comment