Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - High Hopes Mix



FALL IS HERE!  Not only that, there was an honest to goodness chill in the air this morning.  Now, I've lived in Tennessee my whole like, so I know that we still have a few more rounds of heat to go, but today it is officially Autumn, and it feels like it so...

MUSIC



"Gypsy Django" (live) by Humming House from Humming House Party!

Fall is my favorite season, so let's party! How about a Humming House Party!  This song is guaranteed to lift your spirits.

"High Hopes" by Bruce Springsteen from High Hopes

The shuffle does it again.  Today is Bruce Springsteen turns 65 today.  I didn't even know this until later, but the shuffle knows all!  And, this was the only Springsteen song currently in my active playlist, oh and the High Hopes album was released on my birthday back in January... so yeah... viva la coincidence... or something.

"Страна цветов"   by Orera from Orera 1970

I know some (or all) of you think I'm just being goofy when I add some of the obscure musical selections to the shuffle, but as is often the case, there is some amazing music that I have never heard, and I suspect many of you have never heard.  Hat tip to my friends from Canada, Valued Customer, for turning me on to this amazing folk/jazz from Georgia (and as you can tell from the song title, I don't mean the Georgia just south of Tennessee).

"Sleepwalker Blues" by Joe Sundell from The Hat Thief

Another incredible song from Joe Sundell.  Go check out The Hat Thief, and get that thing. It is totally worth it.

"Waffle House" (Take 2) by Darrin Bradbury from new unreleased

Just like U2, new Darrin Bradbury music showed up seemingly magically on my phone yesterday.  This song is battered, spattered, scrambled, and it may not be good for you, but it's oh so good.  It's not widely available yet, but so to your phone/computer settings, go to MUSIC, go to ALLOW Darrin Bradbury, and then wait.  Be patient. 

"The Big Fame" by The Grimm Generation from The Big Fame
Somehow, in ripping this off the CD, this track ended up being labeled as "Audio Track 13".  By any other name, this is cool music, by some cool folks.

"Кавказские напевы"  by Orera from Orera 1970

Georgia on my mind.... believe it or not, I found of a video of this exact song.  I ran this through Google translate, and if this is Russian, the translation that came out was "caucasian tunes".  Take that how you will, and keep in mind, it is Google Translate... 

"The Second Renaissance (Part I and II)" by The Danbury Lie from Fourth Time's a Charm

We've successfully, navigated our way backwards through the trilogy of The Second Renaissance, and we conclude/begin this journey with some of the awesome folk/prog metal/alternative music we've come to know and love from The Danbury Lie.

"I Am the Mississippi" by Joseph Arthur from Redemption City

We complete our presentation of songs from Redemption City by Joseph Arthur with this song/story about the might Mississippi. In the late 80s, I lived for a time in Memphis just a few blocks away from the Mississippi River, and I came (in that short time) to understand and appreciate the romantic allure of that might body of water which served for so long as a borderline between the civilized east and the savage west.  Whether it was a solitary stroll or sitting in a crowd listening to the 1812 Overture and Old Man River or even having my ass pinched by some by at a party on Mud Island, the River still has stories to tell....

"The Great Unknown" by Dar Williams from The Honesty Room

We close things out with this song about a cold war era nuclear family...


VIDEOS



No comments:

Post a Comment