Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Talking inYour Sleep Mix



I had a technical glitch which prevented me from going back to review the songs in this morning's shuffle, so I did the best I could from memory.  I realize that no one would know the difference, but I felt the need to be honest about that.  I think I came pretty close (possible some songs out of order)...


"Hard Hearted Old Farmer" by Jack Kerouac

Jack Kerouac having fun in the studio and laying down the Beat generation goods... From Blues and Haikus

"Desolate" by Ben Arthur (ft. Rachel Yamagata)

A lovely song from If You Look for My Heart with Rachel Yamagata.  By the way, the video is for a different song, but it is worth mentioning that the video was made by the multi-talented Matthew Hendershot of The End Men (who I may have mentioned once or twice on this blog).

"Wildfires" by Mariachi El Bronx

Mariachi El Bronx are not from The Bronx (in case that is what you are thinking), but they do play Mariachi music.  They also happen to have another band which is called The Bronx... They are from L.A. From their album, Mariachi El Bronx (III).

"Wa Wa Dance" by Tom Tom Club

Everybody's doing a brand new dance now!  Wa Wa - from Boom Boom Chi Boom Boom.

"Search" by Minutemen"

from The Punch Line and Post Mersh Vol I.  The Minutemen pretty much are my desert island band, but I'm glad I don't really have to choose just one band.

"World of Meaning" by The Torn Images

More great hard alternative music from Reviver.

"Heaven" by John Moreland

Our second song of the week that was featured on the show Sons of Anarchy.  I was fortunate enough to catch John Moreland on the opening night of his Campfire songs tour with Caleb Caudle and Aaron Lee Tasjan.  If you have the chance to see this three incredible songwriters together, make it happen! It is on the album Earthbound Blues.

"Old Postcards" by Amelia White

After hearing Amelia play a few times around town, I finally got to meet her last week.  Look for new music hopefully soon.  This is the title track from her latest album.

"Pillow Talk" by Guadalcanal Diary

A dose of pure jangle pop heaven from the album Walking in the Shadow of the Big Man.

"It Never Was the Same" by The Twilight Sad

The Twilight Sad are from Scotland.  This is from their 2014 album Nobody Wants to Be Here and Nobody Wants to Leave.

"Offering" (Live) by The Visit

This is one of the most amazing pieces of music I have heard in a long time. Voice and Cello with the energy of good punk music and the virtuosity of classical music. And even that doesn't do this powerful piece of music justice.  Give it a listen and download and support this Toronto duo.


VIDEO STUFF



No comments:

Post a Comment