Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Another Magic Mart Mix




Kiely Schlesinger, Lindsay Ellyn, and Jon Latham at Two Old Hippies 1/21/2015

Had a great time watching three of my favorite songwriters trade songs yesterday evening in The Gulch.

Reminder, TONIGHT: Darrin Bradbury and the Fran's Eastside Super High Band will be starting off a great night of music at The 5 Spot in East Nashville.  Be there! 9:00p.m. $5.00.

Shuffle....


"Drinkin' In My Sunday Best" by Maria McKee

From the very first time I heard Lone Justice, I knew Maria McKee was something special.  This song is off of her solo debut, and it was a fine burst of energy to start my morning.

"Little America" by R.E.M.

R.E.M.'s second full-length album Reckoning ends with their "road" song. "Jefferson, I think we're lost..."

"More Than This" by Roxy Music

The emotional connections I have made to this song are numerous and deep.  This is the first track on the classic Avalon album.  For some reason, this song brings to mind a hungover/still buzzing sunrise at the end of a wild night.

"Love On Low-Fi" by J.R. Wyatt

Another track from J.R. Wyatt's excellent solo record, Empty Room Sessions.  I dig the songwriting and the voice of this song Nashville songwriter.  Glad I got to see him on Tuesday at The 5 Spot playing with a full band.

"Natural Disaster" by Gretchen Peters

Speaking of fine Nashville songwriters.  Gretchen Peters is a living legend.  Another stand out track from her album Hello Cruel World.

"The Boogie Man" by The Cadillacs

I think this one has been creeping (pun partially intended) around the Playlist since Halloween, but really is it ever not the right time for the Boogie Man?

"Can't Leave Well Enough Alone" by Matt Prater

This is an awesome track off the forthcoming Tables and Chairs by Alabama based songwriter/performer Matt Prater.  Recommended if you dig great songs and REAL Country music.

"Metropolis" by The Belle Brigade

The Belle Brigade are an LA Brother and Sister duo.  This is from their 2014 album Just Because.  This was on a friend's annual mix CD, and I really dig their sound, and I definitely want to check out more.

"On and On" by Joey Bada$$ (feat. Maverick Sabre and Dyemond Lewis)

How about some Hip Hop sounds to take us out of this Thursday Shuffle.  Brooklyn-based Joey Bada$$ released his latest album B4.Da.$$ just about a week ago.  This song is on that album.  I am by no means an expert on Hip Hop music, but I also am not willing to dismiss it all without listening.  I didn't really expect to, but I do like this a great deal.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



             

No comments:

Post a Comment