Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Gonna Use My Fingers Mix



I am late and I don't have much time, so I will just leave you with a long mix of music and very little in the way of narration,,,,  enjoy


"Van Helsing Boom Box" (Man Man Cover) by The Blind Owl Band

Friends from Upstate New York covering the amazing Man Man from Philly.

"Where I Belong" by Ben Arthur (Ft. Bobby St. Ours)

I am amazed by the range of music on this album.  A previous track we played featured Aesop Rock. This one has Bobby St. Ours with an Appalachian sound. 

"The Night Comes" by Joe Nolan

Another cool song from my friend Joe.  Catch him January 25 at Bobby's Idle Hour for the next East Side Invasion.

"Tattooed Love Boys" by The Pretenders

Chrissy!

"Leave It Til Tomorrow" by The Plastic Pals

The Plastic Pals from Sweden make great Rock and Roll.

"Unclothed" by The Danbury Lie

A new release from The Danbury Lie is always a cause for celebration.  If he was from the south, this song would be called "Nekkid" :-)


"Under the Influence of Meat Puppets" by fIREHOSE

I've spend many ours under the influence of Meat Puppets...

"Real Cool Time" by The Stooges

Iggy!

"Precious" by The Pretenders

You are so Precious...

"Raindrops" by IAMEVE

Cool Indie/SythPop from... well the bio says they are from The Fifth Dimension. I dig it.

"Feeling the Elephant" by Bill Lloyd

The title track from the classic Bill Lloyd solo record.  Nashville rock par excellence.

"Honky Tonk Women" by The Rolling Stones

For all the gin soaked bar room queens in Memphis...


"Careless" by The Replacements

I could Care less...

"No Joke" by Boxed In

Electronic music from London.  

"It's Hard to Make Love to an American" by Ike Reilly

This song was (apparently) featured on Sons of Anarchy.  It's a good one.

"Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders

A classic from my MTV influenced youth.  Music Television that is...

"Don't Turn Me Away" by Young America

My friends in Young America have a new single and new album coming soon.  This is an older song I grabbed when I first met them.  Get on board now with this awesome band.

"Blunderbuss" (Jack White cover) by Rosie Flores

I was fortunate enough to see Rosie Flores last Friday.  She is a legend.  No video for this one, so I found another cover which she played last week.

"Scenery Going By" by Reverend Horton Heat

I also so the Rev on the same bill...  Wild show and great music... Pow!


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment