Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Top Sider Clad Mix



Thank goodness for second wind...  I think I may survive this week after all.  On another note, the temperature is about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday at this time - welcome to winter in Nashville. I attended my first show at 3rd and Lindsley as a correspondent for No Depression/ND Roots.  My review should be up soon, I will post links on my Facebook page - so follow me there.

We have a pretty sweet shuffle to close out the week, so let's get to it.

"Everywhere I Go (I Hear The Go-Gos)" by Phranc

The reference may be dated, but if you are of a certain age, you remember... From Folksinger.

"Atlas Shrugged" by Matt King

This is our last song we have from Matt King's 2010 album Raw, and it is one of my favorites.  Next stop, Matt King and Killing Streets!

"Electric Worry" by Clutch

From Summer Sound Attack.... This is sooooo good.


"So Far" by Ben Arthur

Video directed by my friend Matthew Hendershot of #E2TG favorites The End Men.  If You Look for My Heart is such a tour de force... with such a variety of styles represented.  Including this slice of pure pop heaven...

"Coyotes" by Modest Mouse

How about some brand new Modest Mouse music. "Coyotes" is the second single from the forthcoming Strangers to Ourselves album. It based upon a true story of a coyote that rode the MAX lite rail line in Portland in 2002.

"The Intense Humming of Evil" by Manic Street Preachers

The Holy Bible turned 20 years old in 2014.  No not the book... the now classic album by Welsh band Manic Street Preachers.  It was the last album released before the 1995 disappearance of rhythm guitarist and chief lyrist Richie Edwards (Edwards was officially declared dead in 2008).  Stark and disturbing, the album is a startlingly real view into the mind of Edwards who was suffering from a depression, self harm, and anorexia nervosa.

"Kara Dean" by Ike Reilly

The first time I saw the title of this song, I thought it was about Nashville's current mayor (whose name is just one letter different).  It is not.  The song is from Ike Reilly's Junkie Faithful album. It is part of the 18 song retrospective Am I Still the One for You" which you can still get for free (donation encouraged) from Noisetrade.

"Harvest Moon" by Jason and the Scorchers

From their classic Fervor EP... the accompanying video was shot at a 1985 show in the Cat's Records parking lot on West End Avenue in Nashville that this blogger attended - almost 30 years ago????

"Boscombe Armistice" by Blue Rose Code

Off the album The Ballads of Peckham Rye - I got hold of this on the latest Feel Bad for You mixtape.   Blue Rose Code is singer-songwriter Ross Wilson of Edinburgh, Scotland. This was my first listen to Blue Rose Code, and I want to hear more.



VIDEO PLAYLIST


     

No comments:

Post a Comment