Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Call me Admiral Byrd Mix



Yes, I chiseled my way out through the thick blanket of ice and crossed the frozen tundra to make it to work today.  I only fell once, and I don't think anyone saw me, and anyway, I fell with the grace and dignity befitting of someone of my importance and position. (that is a joke by the way....)

I had a lovely collection of fine, fine music to accompany me on my treacherous journey....
 
"Easy Weather" by The Bell Hours

Yes, my shuffle function has a sense of humor - as today's weather was anything but easy, but I digress. The Bell Hours are from Denver, and I have quite enjoyed listening to their most recent EP of which this is the title track.

"Rudie Can't Fail" by The Clash

The shuffle function seems to be on a major Clash kick, and who can blame it? From London Calling.

"I Only Want to Be With You" by The Tourists

A slice of pure pop heaven from a band that featured Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart just before they formed Eurhythmics. From the album Reality Effect.

"Sam" by Meat Puppets

Classic Meat Puppets from Forbidden Places.

"Élysées 99,84" by Kansas Bible Company

The first track on the new 4 song EP called Dad's Day by the Nashville based band that has way too many members to keep up with.

"Nobody's Child" by Maria McKee

Another great track from Maria McKee's self-titled solo debut. I am glad to have rediscovered this album recently.  Sooooo good...

"Try Out My Love" by Matt Phillips

A great song from Matt Phillips' debut album Bones which was released in 2012.  Saw and met him at Music City Roots a couple of weeks ago.

"Southern Ground" by Judah and the Lion

Nashville band Judah and the Lion are on roll with appearances on Letterman and a tour of Scandinavia and an upcoming Nashville show at Ryman Auditorium with Mat Kearney.  This song comes from their EP called Sweet Tennessee. 


"Avalon" by Roxy Music

The title track from one of the best albums of all time.

"Kanga Roo" by Big Star

The shuffle is also on a Big Star kick.... there are reasons I love the shuffle... and this is a big one...

"Skilly Bom Billy Flop" by The Imperial Rooster

#E2TG favorites are on hiatus, but this song (and video from Couch by Couchwest) from their album Cluckaphony offers a good taste of what they do, and I hope to hear some new stuff from them in the future. 

"Pigeons Eating Glass" by Forebear

From the Inbox, comes L.A. Indie band Forebear with a song from their self-titled EP which was produced by Scott Gordon who has worked with Alanis Morissette and Ringo Starr among others.  Looking forward to checking out more of this EP.

"Clampdown" by The Clash

A great way to celebrate the successful completion of my Arctic trek....  More Clash from London Calling.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment