Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Stand in Line to Die Mix



Greetings... I am in a much better place than yesterday.  Still a little rushed, but I can get through this shuffle...   

First up my recap of CXCW15 Day 5:  I am way behind on my couchin', but there was an awesome Irish showcase that featured the legendary Glen Hansard.  Plus videos from my friend Eli Rhodes who plays with Todd Farrell and the Dirty Birds  and also writes some amazing songs of his own.  Look for a solo record soon.  #E2TG favorites Tim Lee 3 return to the couch with another great video, and the closing video of the day came from Nashville's own Will Kimbrough playing a song he wrote with Sam Baylor from Will's legendary band Will and the Bushmen.  Sam passed away this week.  Life is short, ya'll...

"This Ol' World" by Young America

The dudes from Young America are currently divided between their native Georgia and Nashville, and still working toward the release of their highly anticipated album Good Old Fashioned Pain.  They recently released a 3 song EP preview/teaser of songs from the album.  This song is on that release.  The EP is called Pain, Rain, and the Mundane, and if you Spotify well you can now Spotify the EP over there.

"Feed Them Monkeys" by Eight O'Five Jive

Nothing says Friday like a good old fashioned jump blues/jive song... from the album Too Many Men...

"Mechanical Dream" by Artur U and the New City Limits

Another song from the album Holiday from Eternity.  The band is from Helsinki, Finland.  They have a pretty diverse sound which I like, and this song compared to the most recent song we featured, really shows off that diversity.

"Hard Times" by Syd Straw

Another from Surprise.  This one features a band that includes Ry Cooder and Jim Keltner, plus guest vocals by the incomparable John Doe (X, The Knitters, Flesheaters).  The song is a Stephen Foster composition.

"Queen's Tattoos" by Aztec Camera

Originally the b-side of the Pillar to Post 7", this song was added as a bonus track to the 1991 CD Reissue of High Land, Hard Rain.  Aztec Camera were one of my favorite bands, and I still dig listening to their music.

"Chromatic Death" by Stormtroopers of Death

A :45 second track from the album Speak English or Die (1985). s.o.d. was a hardcore punk/thrash metal side project started by Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian.  Yes, I'm awake and yes, my sinuses are clear now...

"Hand in Hand" by The Danbury Lie

The Danbury Lie right on the heels of their January release Scattered Moments of Connection, released a brand new album called Chose Your Delusion on the Ides of March (March 15 for those who don't know their Julius Caesar).  This is our first listen to that new album, and I have to say, I like what I hear so far.  Good reminder about why The Danbury Lie are one of my favorites.

"Give Me a Reason" by Whiskey Shivers

From their self-titled album... The Whiskey shivers made big loud traditional founding folk n' roll music...


"Ride Ride Ride" by Michael Sackler-Berner

A couple or so month ago, I randomly came across this artist's music.  I was impressed that he had worked with Marshall Crenshaw, and then I heard his music, and I was really impressed. His two new EPs have been bundled up as Double EP, and the bundle can be had at Noisetrade.com

"Jolene" by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

The legendary punk rock cover band plays the Dolly Parton classic from their 2006 album Love Their Country.  Coincidently, I recently watched the Nashville-theme episode of Drunk History in which this song plays a vital role...

"The Imposter" by Elvis Costello and the Attractions

Elvis.  Get Happy!! It's Friday, y'all...

"Fried My Little Brains" by The Kills

From the 2003 debut album, Keep on Your Mean Side...  It has been over four years since we have seen a new studio album from this Indie band....


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment