Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Two Pack Habit and a Motel Tan Mix



Let's jump right into today's shuffle - shall we...



"Three Questions" by A Color Engine

Another track from the prehistoric Don Ryan band that he formed with Eric Burchfield who later was in Elephant Goes West which was a featured artist or some such thing back in the prehistoric days of E2TG.  The A Color Engine album is called Voyage Underwater; 56 Knots.    For the video, I posted the video/song that began my long love affair with Don Ryan....'s music.

"Wild Animals" by Trampled by Turtles

From the 2014 album of the same name by this Duluth, MN band...  Bob Dylan is from Duluth... in case you were wondering....

"Adult Crap" by Joanna Wang

A song from Taiwanese-American singer songwriter Joanna Wang and the lead track from her 2009 album The Adult Storybook...

"Holiday" by Mothers

Another fine track from the Panamanian Times album... couldn't find a video of this band so I posted a video featuring a bunch of people from the Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen collective and figured maybe someone from this band was in there somewhere... or not..  I love this band so check them out on Bandcamp etc.

"Everything I'm Not" by Beat Rodeo

From the 1986 album, Home in the Heart of the Beat on I.R.S. Records...  Beat Rodeo featured Steve Almaas who had previously been part of the legendary Minneapolis punk band Suicide Commandos.  Beat Rodeo played an innovative brand of  pop/country/rock.  This song was the single from the album which was produced by Scott Litt. Updated to remove... who co-wrote this song with Almaas (according to the Wikipedia)...

"Winter of My Discontent" by David Liebman

From Lieb Plays Wilder...  I got to see David Liebman backed by an all-star band of Nashville jazz players last month. 

"Falling" by Ivan and Alyosha

From their 2013 album, All the Times We Had... our second Ivan and Alyosha song in as many days. Their next album can be pre-ordered now and will be called, It's All Just Pretend.

"Bye Bye Devil" by APE|MEN

By way of my inbox and from the self-titled debut, this band from the Southeastern fringe of the European Union offers up a tasty stew of indie/electronica/scuzz-noise/alternative postrock... it's all good, and I dig it.


"Clickin'" by Whistlin' Britches

31 seconds of awesome mouth noises from the late Haskel Thompson via the Music Maker Relief Foundation.

"Guitar Town" by Steve Earle

This was my introduction to Steve Earle, and I fell hard and fast... I wore out this album on cassette and then on CD.

"The Way I Want You" by Turbo Fruits

The new single from the forth coming album No Control... I saw them a few weeks back and they absolutely killed it.  You can read my review at No Depression.



VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment