Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Just Another Story Mix



#CXCW15 wrapped up this weekend....  Day 6, 7, 8 featured tons of great music... I feel like I am certain to leave some out, so please consider this a partial recap...  visit couchbycouchwest.com to experience or re-experience the whole thing. Anyway, some of the highlights of the last three days included: Nikki Sue and the Bad News, Young America, Modern Day Poets (which includes members of the now defunct band Cupla), Joe Nolan, Darrin Bradbury, Two Cow Garage with Todd Farrell, and a second video of Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray doing a Superchunk cover.

Way more great music than I could keep up with, but the good news I can go back and try to see what I missed, and so can you...  apologies to any FOE2TG (friends of ear 2 the ground) that I missed in my recaps...



"The Card Cheat" by The Clash

Yet another classic track from the amazingly legendary London Calling album.

"Oblivious" by Aztec Camera

One of my all time favorite songs, from the High Land, Hard Rain Album.  I love just about everything about this song.

"Hysterically Speaking" by The Colored Parade

The Colored Parade is a great Nashville band fronted by Andrew Adkins who was previously in the band Mellow Down Easy.  I got to see The Colored Parade live a couple of months back, and they were excellent.  This song is on the album And the Walls of the City Will Shake.  Check it out.

"Death or Glory" by The Clash

It's a two Clash song kind of day...  this is another one of my faves off London Calling...

"Funky Avocado" by Michael Hedges

From the live album, Live on the Double Planet, this song was originally on the late guitar virtuoso Hedges' 1981 debut album Breakfast in the Field. I was fortunate enough to get to see Hedges perform live, and even for a non-guitar nerd it was an amazing performance.  I'm sure the guitar nerds were going completely bonkers.

"Running Days" by Bonson Berner

L.A. band Bonson Berner just released their latest album called Reflection on March 10 on the Forty Below record label.  This song comes from their 2013 album Passport.

"Strange" by Boy Named Banjo

Another great song from the Nashville based band from their 2014 album Long Story Short.  Boy Named Banjo are competing to be on the bill at Bonnaro this year, so if you like what you've heard - check their Facebook Page to see what you need to do to help them out.

"Circus Stunt" by Burning Bridges

As I mentioned before, Burning Bridges was the project of Rob from The Danbury Lie in the days before The Danbury Lie existed.  This song (more so than the last Burning Bridges track I featured) seems like a missing link toward the development of The Danbury Lie sound we have come to know and love.

"No Good" by Banditos

Banditos are from Birmingham, Alabama.  From looking at their Facebook page, I see that I am late to this party (a diverse bunch of some of my coolest music friends "Like" their page already). This song will be on their self-titled debut album on Bloodshot Records which is not scheduled for release until May.  If this song can be used as an indication, well, then I may just have to add that album to my "Highly anticipated" list.



VIDEO PLAYLIST




             

No comments:

Post a Comment