Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Icing on the Cake Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Look, there are a lot of music blogs and music sites. There is even another one called Ear to the Ground (but we don't talk about that around here).  One thing I learned from all those business classes I look, is that you have to find your niche. Here at E2TG, the niche I have carved out is playing mixes of songs that no one else is or would play.  Sometimes that means mixing up genres and styles and eras of music that generally do not get along to well.  My philosophy is that music all springs from the same source and that it (and we) are all connected - however remotely.

To put it another way, here is a pretty wild ass mix of songs that you will not see in the post on any other site (guaranteed or your money back)...


"Tear a Hole in the Collective Vision" by The Unravelling

This is the title track and our final listen to the album bv Calgary hard progressive rock and The Unraveling which features Steve Moore is also part of Post Death Soundtrack. I nice aggressive start to the morning drive. 

"Nostalgia  Attack" by Smokey the Firebear

The first of three tracks in the shuffle from (now 18 year old) Smokey the Firebear from Connecticut. This is of the Teshio Democracy EP.  

"Phenadrin" by Smokey the Firebear

It's a double shot of Smokey the Firebear (which can also serve as a shameless plug for the radio show that I do with Sue Havlish which will air Saturday at 11a.m. Double Shot with Joe and Sue on WXNA-LP 101.5 or WXNAFM.ORG).  In my quick search, I do not think this song is still available from Smokey the Firebear's Bandcamp page. So, I guess I can sell this as a bootleg MP3 on the black market for no-longer-available MP3s.  

"The Big Ocean" by Joey Kneiser

We recently posted the version of this song off of The All Night Bedroom Revival.  This is a live recording from Live from Standard Deluxe which features Kelly Smith. 

"Are the Good Time Really Over (I Wish a Buck was Still Silver)" by Merle Haggard

The late, great Merle Haggard with a song from his album Big City. 

"We Can Be Heroes" by Ozark Henry

Ozark Henry is a Belgium alt-pop musician.  I came across this version of David Bowie's "Heroes" shortly after Bowie passed away. A lovely haunting cover. 

"Analog Rain" by Joey Kneiser

Another from Joey Kneiser. This is off his latest album, The Wilding.  

"Young Lust" by Roger Waters

The classic song from The Wall.  This versions is from the Roger Waters/The Wall live album. " I need a dirty woman/I need a dirty girl"....

"Not Too In My Feelings" by Ugggy (feat. Timmy NoHeart and PCK) (prod. + × ÷ =)

I have been anxiously awaiting hugecup, the new album from Valued Customer. It will finally be out in just about a week!  I have heard it, and it will be well worth the wait.  In the interim, Valued Customer's Ugggy released a mixtape called Legends of the Smoke, and we have two tracks in a row from that mixtape - as Ugggy shows off his original style. 

"Icing on the Cake" by Ugggy (prod. Chris Love)

A twofer... from Ugggy.. who is one of the coolest dudes I know, and may I love his tracks. 

"Mockingbird" by Quaker City Night Hawks

Connection time, Quaker City Night Hawks played the Merle Haggard tribute at The Basement East that was held right after Haggard passed away.  I love this song so much!

"Why We've Been Waiting" by Smokey the Firebear

And now track number 3 from Smokey the Firebear.  This is off of Ohm Atlanta - the latest release. 

"I Love Robbing Banks" by Clint Morgan

From the album Scofflaw.  Clint Morgan is a polite bank robber. 

"Dear Abby" by John Prine

And how about we close out the shuffle with John Prine's song about letters to the famous newspaper columnist. 

VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment