Thursday, June 7, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Gonna Leave a Mark Mix




Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


TONIGHT!!!!!   I am so excited to kick off the month-long E2TG Residency at The 5 Spot in East Nashville. I am looking forward to each week and each artist/band on the bill.  If you are in the Nashville area, I sure hope you can make it.

We kick things off in fine fashion tonight with Clark Paterson who has put together a great band.  After that, I will read a brief passage from The Drift (copies will be available for purchase). Then - Rayvon Pettis will take the stage - backed by The Big Dumb.  Finally, The Big Dumb will close things out for Week 1 with a set of their own original music.   All this for $5.00. 

21+ Be sure you have a valid ID for admission.

Today, we jump back into the "New Music" playlist with a typically eclectic collection of songs...

Let's go!


"Modern Day Privateers" (Ben Weinman Remix) by And We All Die

We start things off with San Antonio based - alternative, punk, goth, industrial, metal band And We All Die... from their collection of remixes of their song Modern Day Privateers.  We have already featured a couple of remixes from this collection including one by Rodney Anonymous of Dead Milkmen.  Still to come, a remix by Daniel Ash (Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Tone on Tails, Poptone).  Today's track is a remix from Ben Weinman of The Dillinger Escape Plan.  Great stuff!


"Always a Rebel" (Alternative Mix) by Jon Magnusson

 Next up, we have E2TG favorite Jon Magnusson with the alternative mix of the title track from his EP Always a Rebel.  Magnusson is a singer-songwriter from Stockholm, Sweden. He is very involved in helping his fellow artists to navigate the new realities of the music biz. 

"Get Around" by Speedbuggy USA

Kick Out the Twang - the latest album from L.A. cowpunk outfit, Speedbuggy USA is set for release on July 6.  We have been previewing tracks from this album, and as I previously stated, it is one of my favorite albums of 2018. It is a great-sounding, fun album. I feel like I am late to the Speedbuggy USA party, but I am happy to be here now.  

"hush" by We are Parasols

Musically, this shuffle has been all over the place, and that trend continues - as we move from cowpunk to industrialgaze via Inertia - the most recent album from this Portland, OR (and Atlanta, GA) trio.  Dig it!

"Ballpark" by Bark

I had the joy of seeing Bark this past Friday night in the backyard at Fond Object in East Nashville. It is always a joy seeing Tim and Susan.  I picked up a copy of their Record Store Day single release - which we will get to soon. But, this is one of my favorite tracks from Year of the Dog - the full-length debut. 

"Unchain My Heart" by Speedbuggy USA

One of two cover songs on Kick Out the Twang - this is a wonderful cover of the song written by Bobby Sharp. It was first recorded by Ray Charles in 1961. It was famously covered by Joe Cocker in 1987.  

"Horses" by Chris J. Connolly

I am so glad I caught my oversight and added Moving Maps to the New Music playlist.  New York by way of U.K singer-songwriter Chris J. Connolly. He has a unique voice and some great songs. 

"Odyssey" by The Accidentals

Okay, I'm just going to be honest. I am not sure how I came across this track and how it ended up in my New Music Folder.  It is fairly recent (last year), but I cannot find where it was sent to me. Nevertheless, it's a wonderful song by a great indie/folk band originally from Michigan.  They are a female fronted trio.  In trying to figure out how I came to have this track - I found that one of their publicists also handles an artist that some friends are currently touring with and another friend handles some of their business needs - but I could not find any evidence of either one of those having anything to do with me getting this track.  Enjoy nonetheless! ;-)


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment