Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - No Mas Chem Trails Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Bad news!  Microwave Mountain have had to pull out of Thursday night's E2TG Residency Show at The 5 Spot.  Fortunately, E2TG All-Time Favorite (and 2014 Artist of the Year) Darrin Bradbury is stepping in to do a solo set.  The revised line-up.  Brian Milligram will be on first around 6:15-6:30. Darrin Bradbury goes on around 7:00, and The Coal Men take the stage around 7:45 or so.

It's going to be a great show, and I hope you will come out.  I'm hopeful to have the chance to work with Microwave Mountain again very soon.

If you haven't done so, my novel, The Drift is still available via Amazon. I will have a couple of copies available Thursday night with more on the way.





Now, it is Tuesday and we have our "Trending Tuesday" shuffle. I am still thinking of making two playlists - one for Trending Tuesday and Trending Thursday and another for Featured Friday - for now, though, all three shuffles come from the "New Music" playlist - which consists of music relatively new or relatively new to me that I am choosing to feature.


"Animation" by Teal Audio

First up, we have a track from The Teal Audio Project.  Teal Audio is led by Rob Stewart. This album was recorded in New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, and right here in Nashville where Stewart is currently based. The album was released in February of last year, but I didn't get hold of it until later in the year. I dig this electronic/pop sound.  

"Come Sunday Morning" by Mark Currey

Next up, we have another track from the fantastic Tarrant County album by Arkansas based singer-songwriter, Mark Currey.   As I mentioned before, Tarrant County is the third most populous county in Texas. Fort Worth is the county seat of Tarrant County.  Currey musicial roots run through Texas. Currey has shared the stage with  artists such as Billy Joe Shaver, Todd Snider, Radney Foster, Jack Ingram, Wanda Jackson, Amanda Shires, David Olney, Charlie Robison, Amelia White, and Lilly Hiatt.  

"Chem Trails" by Cellarscape

Next up, we have the return of Cellarscape to the E2TG Shuffle.  Cellarscape is the long-running musical project of Paul Terry.  This is a track from the most recent Cellarscape album Exo Echo.  Attentive readers may recall that we have already featured this song, it is back because it was included on the compilation Cellarscape and Filmscapes Vol. 2 (which was released as a Bandcamp exclusive in April of this year). This new release features some tracks from Exo Echo along with some of Paul Terry's latest film soundtrack music.  

"Dizzy" by Joyann Parker

Minnesota soul/blues artist Joyann Parker recently passed through Nashville, and I am really bummed that I wasn't able to make it to her show. I have thoroughly been enjoying her album Hard to Love.  She joins the long line of virtuoso soul/blues vocalists while bringing her unique sound to the table.  

"Sometimes" by Good Field

Next up, we have our second listen to the album Surface Tension by Austin, Texas band Good Field. I couldn't find a YouTube clip for this track -  so check out the stunning video for the title track to the album in the video playlist below. The album was co-produced by members of Spoon and White Denim. A great sounding modern rock album. 

"No Mas" by Moonshine Booze

One of my favorite albums and favorite "discoveries" of 2018 has been Italian band Moonshine Booze and their album Desert Road. The music is raucous and inventive, the visual imagery is dizzying. The band members are all veterans of the Italian music scene, and that experience shows up on this solid album. 

"Drunk and Stoned" by Trent Agecoutay

In the seven years of E2TG, some things have changed. Originally, I had to seek out music. Nowadays, I am sent so much music - dozens of albums almost every day. There is no way I would ever have time to listen to it all.  I rely heavily on a handful of promoters and P.R. folks who consistently send me interesting music. It takes an album like Now... and Then to remind me that I need to find time to dig some of the great music being sent to me directly from artists. Trent Agecoutay is a Canadian artist - he makes wonderful roots based music that explores country, folk, Americana - and music that reflects his roots as a First Nations (aboriginal) artist.   



VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment