Thursday, January 2, 2020

E2TG 2019 Recap - Part 14 - Angst Reflex Mix (Blown Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well, 2020 is here, but we got a little behind on the 2019 recap, so we are carrying on for the next couple of days.  We should wrap up the recap tomorrow and then, next week, we have some Earies to give out,  but after that I am ready to jump headlong into the new year!


"Blown" by Ummagma (from Compass)

"Widows Waltz" by Creature and the Woods (from J Tree)

"Doing Things Different" by Bill Bloomer (from Bounty)

Bill Bloomer definitely has one of the best stories of anyone I have written about on E2TG. He is also a fantastic songwriter. Bounty was a joy. If you get a chance, look up his bio on his site or in one of my old posts... 

"Tom T. and Brother Will" by Eric Brace, Peter Cooper and Thomm Jutz (from Riverland)

Separately, Eric Brace, Peter Cooper, and Thomm Jutz are top songwriters and musicians and more. When they get together, it is something every special. I don't do top lists of 10 or anything other number, but if I did Riverland would be in the single digits.  This song is my favorite from the album, and it may just be my favorite song of 2019.  Tom T. Hall and Brother Will Campbell. 

"Goodnight, Good Luck" by Randy Lewis Brown (from Red Crow)
"Arrowhead and Porcupine Claw" by Chuck Hawthorne (from Fire Out of Stone)

I have said that 2019 was the year I reconnected with my punk roots. I saw Mike Watt, Dead Kennedys, OFF!, some great local punk, and "discovered" some awesome music in that genre.  But, it was also a year of incredible songwriters - like this two albums. It seems like many of my favorites came via Adam Dawson's Broken Jukebox Media. 

"Ride or Die" by Rat Fancy (from Stay Cool)

"Into the Sunset" by Leroy from the North (from Health and Fitness)

"Nowhere USA (Live)" by Tony Logue (from Live on Red Barn Radio)

"Angst Reflex" by Neutrals (from Kebab Disco)


VIDEO PLAYLIST




2 comments:

  1. Thank you ! I am truly honored .
    May the new year bring good things to all .
    Best wishes from France.

    ReplyDelete