Friday, January 3, 2020

E2TG 2019 Recap - Part 15 - Days Inn Mix (Snowbound Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!




If I was in town Saturday, I would be checking out this show.  Evan P. Donahue is a long-time Nashville musician - whose many credits include being a founding member of the legendary Diarrhea Planet. If you read E2TG regularly, you already know how I feel about Ryan Sobb and his kick ass band. I don't know Nightingail, but given that they are on this bill, I am going to assume they are awesome.  Check it out!

Well, it is the last post of our 2019 Recap.  So much great music this year.

I have been asked about the Earie Awards.  Last year, I awarded Earies to almost all the artists I featured in my recap. I came up with clever awards for each.  I decided not to do that this year for the sake of time. But, please know that all of the artists features in this 15 recap posts are winners in my eyes.

I will be out Monday and Tuesday, but I will return Wednesday with some special Earies to give out. I close out 2019 feeling fortunate for the music that I have been exposed to, the people I have met, and the experiences I have had. I look forward to 2020 despite the turbulent and quite honestly disheartening times. Music has and will always be my sanctuary and my comfort from situations outside of my control. I have big plans for E2TG in 2020 and some of those plans involve stepping out of my comfort zone.

Here is the final recap post - more great music represented here.



"Good Good Love" by John Dennis (single from forthcoming Mortal Flame)
"Pray for Rain" by Kristen Englenz (with The Blind Boys of Alabama)  (single from forthcoming Ingenue)
I think it appropriate that we end 2019 with a couple songs that were released at the tail-end of 2019 and which will be on albums set for release in 2020.  They both happen to be favorite artists of mine, and I am super-stoked for both albums.  John Dennis' Mortal Flame and Kristen Englenz' Ingenue are sure to be high on my list of 2020 favorites. 
"Snowbound" by Kim Thompsett (from The Hollows)

"Go Back to Your Heart" by The Campfire Flies (from Sparks Like Little Stars)

"Angel in God's County" by Chirs Carroll and Adam Carroll (from Good Farmer)

"Lake Success" by Ben Arthur (from Perspective)

Ben Arthur released this song as a single ahead of his album Perspective which was released in 2019. I was so glad to finally get to meet Ben this fall and to have him perform at the E2TG Residency. 

"Things We Would Rather Lose" by Joe Goodkin (from Paper Arrows)

"Just the Way (Live)" by Libby Koch (from Redemption 10: Live at Blue Rock)

"From a Days Inn, Virginia" by Pilotcan (from Bats Fly Out from Under the Bridge)


VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment