Friday, March 5, 2021

E2TG - Video Feature - "The Day Tom Petty Died" by Dolour/Shane Tutmarc



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!
   

Over the past couple of year, Shane Tutmarc has released some older previous unfinished songs under the name of  his Seattle band Dolour (The Royal We) and an incredible career retrospective that covered several different phases of his career (Written & Produced by Shane Tutmarc). Now, we are finally set to get an album of all-new songs - the first since Solar Twin's Pink Noise album in 2017.

The new Dolour album Televangelist is due out April 2.

 Tutmarc told us a little about the new album and the just released third single, "The Day Tom Petty Died":

"Like last year's first-Dolour-album-in15-years 'The Royal We,' I played and recorded everything myself at home.  I pretty much started it as soon as I put out the last one.  With the pandemic raging and no signs of being able to tour or do much for The Royal We outside of social media, I just went head-first into new music."

"This third single from the new album (following December's release of 'Televangelist', and February's 'Baby You're A Faker') is a tribute to the late great Tom Petty.  Like most people I was totally shocked when he passed away suddenly in the fall of 2017.  And I've had the idea for this song floating around my head ever since.  It's not just a tribute lyrically, but also musically I tried to pull in as many little Petty-isms into the arrangement as I could fit.  I've always been a fan of how direct Tom's music was, very little fat lyrically or musically in most of his music, and I tried to explore his world in this song."


 Here is the video. 

You can pre-order Televangelist on vinyl, CD, or digital and get the three singles now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment