Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Handle With Care Mix



Monday.  And we have another shuffle that demonstrates many of  the best qualities of what makes our daily shuffles so special (and they are special....) - we have a collection of excellent songs - a few mini-almost-themes running through some of the songs, a fairly diverse collection of styles but nothing terribly extreme (by our standards).  Let's do it!

"Ghost Limb" by Emily Wolfe from Roulette

Emily Wolfe from Austin starts us off with the dreamy opening track off of their Roulette EP which was released just over a month ago. 

"Man I Am" by Goodbye June from Deer Head Music Presents: Indie Mixtape Nashville/ Nor the Wild Music Flows

The bluesier, rockinger side of Nashville Indie music, and another fine track from the Deer Head Music Presents mixtape. I really dig this song, and I want to hear more from this band.

"Savannah Almost Killed Me" by American Aquarium from Burn.Flicker.Die.

My internet friend and CXCW legend Josie Little has a birthday today (so Happy Birthday Josie).  This song goes out to her because she posted about seeing these guys this weekend, and my shuffle function was kind enough to include this song in the mix today.  American Aquarium ya'll... just... American Aquarium!

"Shabbaditty" by Shabbadoo from Pajama

A little ditty by Shabbadoo... appropriately named...

"You're So Small" by Lael Summer from Burden to Bear

Lael Summer doesn't pull any punches.  I wish I had a voice like hers when I need to tell people off... I think I'll just play this song and let them figure out what I'm trying to say.

"Medley: Johnny One Note/One Note Samba" by Barbra Streisand from Barbra Streisand... And Other Musical Instruments

Babs just needs one note.  Let's Samba!

"Stay Together" (Acoustic) by Madi Diaz from Stripped Chopped + Screwed/ originally from Phantom

A mini-theme of three great female vocalists in a row.  A powerful stripped down version of a song from her most recent album.  Madi Diaz used to live in Nashville.

"Traveling Wilburys" by Heath McNease from Fort Wayne (songs inspired by the film)

Heath McNease sings about the late 80s supergroup that featured Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, and George Harrison. Whoever they are... Any way, I dig this song, and I took advantage to include the Traveling Wilbury's song (which gives its name to today's mix and which is mentioned in the Heath McNease song) in the Video Playlist today.  Handle with Care...

"You're My Little Mellowcreme Pumpkin" by The Radicals from Halloween Rhymes and Children's Crimes

It is now 10 days past Halloween, but I know you still have some of the extra candy hanging around somewhere.  Here is a sweet number about murder and mayhem from the Massachusetts punk rockers, The Radicals.

VIDEOS




No comments:

Post a Comment