Thursday, July 19, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Wriggle and Bounce Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)




The world is sometimes (and lately more often than not) a maddening, depressing, frustrating, painful, troublesome, messed-up ball of confusion. But, today is my daughters' birthdays and they are a light in this sometimes dark world.  And music makes me happy or makes me think or makes me cry or makes me move or sometimes all of those at once. 

Let's get right into our shuffle. It is Thursday, so we are going to find out what the shuffle function says is "trending" around here:


"Freddie's Bounce" by Cup

We start with the first of two tracks from Jitter Visions - the latest album by NYC band Cup.  I was just introduced to Cup late last year - via their Hiccup release, and between that album and their more recent release Jitter Visions, they have kept up a pretty steady presence here on E2TG.  I couldn't be happier.  Their music always provides a health shot of hard rock into my shuffles. 




"Wriggle and Drone" by Shriekback

I have really been digging Why Anything? Why This? by Shriekback. I have been a fan of Shriekback for some time, so I was thrilled when I got a hold of this album.  Barry Andrews formed Shriekback with Dave Allen (of Gang of Four) in 1981 after leaving XTC.  Allen would later leave to form the short lived King Swamp.  Martyn Barker joined Shriekback in drums in 1983.  Barker is back in the current line-up of the band. I couldn't find a video for Wriggle and Drone - but you can listen to it here.

"Post-Apocalypteacakes" by Hologram Teen

Hologram Teen are back with another track from Between the Funk and the Fear. Hologram Teen is an electronic music project of Stereolab keyboardist Morgane Lhote.  I love the title and the track has a great sound. 

"Modern Day Privateers (Mindless Faith Remix)" by And We All Die

We have two more remixes of "Modern Day Privateers" in the shuffle today.  The first is by Industrial band Mindless Faith. 

"All My Life" by Andrew Reed

We continue to make our way through If All the World Were Right by singer-songwriter Andrew Reed.  I really dig this music, and Reed has an interesting story of his journey through life.  The music really resonates with me. 

"Daydream Machine" by Cup

I've been enjoying getting to know Tym of Cup - just through the magic of Facebook.  His posts display a lot of great humor - which I think subtly runs through the music of Cup.  It is really easy for what I consider "hard rock" bands to take themselves too serious. Cup avoids that pitfull while still making music of substance. It's a delicate line that Cup - walks deftly. 
"Good Love" by James House and Blues Cowboys

Next up, we have a first listen from James House and the Blues Cowboys.  James House is not a newcomer.  He has written and sung hit songs and worked with a variety of top music acts. This self-titles album leading the Blues Cowboys is due out August 3 with an August 30 release show scheduled for City Winery here in Nashville.  

"The Universe" by Lesley Kernochan

Next up, a timely and beautiful song from A Calm Sun by California singer-songwriter Lesley Kernochan. 

"Modern Day Privateers (Daniel Ash Remix II)" by And We All Die

And we close out the shuffle with our second Remix from Modern Day Privateers.  This one is by Daniel Ash (Bauhaus, Love & Rockets, and Tones on Tails as well as the new band we have been featuring (Poptone).





VIDEPLAYLIST


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment