Thursday, November 1, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Día de los Inocentes Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)

If you have read The Drift, please consider writing a review on Amazon. If you haven't read it, you can get your own copy through Amazon or if you are in Nashville, you can get them from me.







I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed seven - January - July2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 
E2TG May 2018
E2TG June 2018
E2TG July 2018
E2TG August 2018 
(coming soon!)
E2TG September 2018  (coming soon!)

Words No Music A Reading coming Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:30pm Radio Cafe Nashville. No Cover, tips accepted and books will be for sale. We have an incredible line-up featuring David Olney,  Rod Picott, Luke Powers, Rebecca Weiner Tompkins, and yours truly. All but me are incredible musicians and songwriters, but for this show - they will let their words speak for them without music.  I will be reading from The Drift plus some selections from a forthcoming book.   FACEBOOK EVENT HERE!


I am short on time so, we will get right to the Trending Thursday shuffle!  Let's go!


"Paint" by Charlie Smyth

I have been a friend and fan of Charlie Smyth for over four years now. I first met him a Friday night Tim Carroll show at The 5 Spot. He gave me a CD of his band at the time, the Western Shore.  Once I listened, I was a fan. He released his solo album, The Way I Feel, earlier year, and I am still a big fan. Smyth writes wonderful songs and his unique voice fits them perfectly. 
"Walmart" by Trent Agecoutay

A humorous song about the dangers of drinking and shopping from one of my favorite albums of this year. Canadian/First Nations singer-songwriter Trent Agecoutay's Now...and Then has been a delight to get to know. 

"Deep Creep" by Justin and the Cosmics

Next, more goodness from PERF by Nashville's own, Justin and the Cosmics. PERF, as I have mentioned, was recorded at Ardent Records in Memphis with production by Pat Sansone. One of my favorite bands that happens to be local. 

"So Brave" by Martha Reich

Next, we have a track from Brave Birds by singer-songwriter Martha Reich who is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I am digging this album - which I understand is on the Grammy ballot for Best Folk album.

"Walk Away" by Barbara Blue

Blues from the Reigning Queen of Beale Streeet for her album Fish in Dirty H20. Barbara Blue's music is sounds like authentic Memphis BBQ tastes. Rich and tangy and satisfying.

"Rebel Down" by Neville and Sugary Staple

Some powerhouse two-tone ska - more great stuff from the Rude Rebels album.  Former Specials member Neville Staple - whose solo work we have also featured recently - teams up with his wife - the amazing Sugary Staple for some hard rocking ska music for today.
"The Gospel According to Carl" by Rich Krueger

The Bible has four Gospels, but there are many other Gospels that didn't make it into the Bible. They are called Apocryphal Gospels. Now, another Apocryphal Gospel has been added to the list.  Rich Krueger brilliantly and consistently creates memorable characters and uses them to tell unique and creative stories. And he does this all in the context of wonderful songs. This is a track from his album Life Ain't That Long.  His most recent album NOWThen is out now. Both albums are in my New Music Playlis.t 

"Hollows" by Polly Panic

Polly Panic is back in the shuffle with Hollows from her album Losing Form.  Polly Panic is considered the high priestess of cello rock. I am a big fan of this music. I am a big fan of the cello is general - but I am particularly  impressed by the way Polly Panic (of the band Rasputina) uses the instrument. 

"La Dona Maria" by Tim Henderson

We close things out with a track from the late Texas singer-songwriter Tim Henderson. We've  almost made our way through Vol. 1 of his career-spanning Legacy Collection. Volume 1 is called Gone to Texas. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment