Friday, October 27, 2017

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Want to be a Cube Baby Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


On my mind...  A couple of white supremacist rallys are schedule tomorrow in Shelbyville and Murfreesboro.  Just so I am clear, the only "fine people" are those who oppose these people with out reservation or qualification...  This people represent evil and the worst in humanity. No if's, and's or but's.  To my friends who are planning to go to oppose them in person - be safe and have a plan.

To those who choose to spend the day celebrating love and diversity - be intentional. (that's my challenge to myself).

To be clear, you are okay to have opinions about other groups (AntiFa or whomever), however, 1. make sure you base your opinion on facts and 2. leave those opinions out of our condemnation of the white supremacists.
*****************************************************************************


#WXNARocktoberfest is tomorrow!  Due to predicted chilly temps, the live music will be happening in The Basement (all-ages) and the WXNA DJ sets will be in Grimey's.  Make a day of it in the most musical building in Nashville.

I worked on adding some new music to my phone which means my "New Music" playlist is now over 400 again....  really pleased with today's shuffle... let's jump to it!


"Til It All Makes Sense" by Sally Jaye

From the recently release Cafe Rooster Sessions Vol. 2 - this is one of the first songs I heard Sally Jaye perform, and it remains one of my favorites.  I heard it again this past Wednesday.  

"Black Crow" by Ladies Gun Club

I swear, my shuffles are random!  Next up, we have Sally Jaye's band Ladies Gun Club from their album Take My Love Away. As I have previously mentioned Ladies Gun Club will be playing at The Basement tomorrow night - after the WXNA benefit - along with Justin and the Cosmics and The Legendary Shack Shakers. 

"Sad Little Tune" by Applewood Road

Next up, we have Amy Speace, Amber Rubarth, amd Emily Barker with a sad little tune called "Sad Little Tune" from their self-titled album as Applewood Road. 

"I Can't Breathe" by Voices of Addiction

I have voices in my head, and sometimes, they tell me things like - you should be more focused with E2TG - stick to one genre or just write about Nashville artists (there are surely enough good ones)... then I hear some righteous punk rock from Chicago, and I saw shut up voices... this is my space on the internet, and I will do whatever the hell I want. I'm really glad some people stick with me through all of it. This is an incendiary track from their album The Lost Art of Empathy.  

"COLORS" by Ugggy

Two days in a row with Ugggy from The Oddditorium.  To be honest, I'm running out of ways to say how much I love Ugggy and what he does. This is real shit - ya'll. I don't get tired of listening to Ugggy and I hope you will give a listen, too.  HERE

"Drying the Eyes of the Goddess of Gloom" by Gloom Balloon

Nashville, Chicago, Tornoto, and now Des Moines.  Right now, I am really high on this sad psychedelic dance party band from the Midwest, and their album Drying the Eyes of the Goddess of Gloom, Underneath the Stars and the Moon.

"Cygnus" by Cellarscape

Another new (to me) artist that I am digging right now is Cellarscape and their latest release Exo Echo. Again, for me, part of the fun of doing Ear to the Ground is to continuously seek out fresh sounds, and I love bands that bring that uniqueness to the table.  

"An Aesthetically Pleasing Conversation" by Discount Ravioli

The track title pretty much sums up what this track is all about. All sorts of aesthetically pleasing things are talked about culminating in a discussion of a cube baby.  Again no video, so I found a video of one (or more) of  the members of the band.  


"All That I Require" by Radney Foster

Our third Cafe Rooster Records related track in the shuffle... this is the brilliant song written and performed by the great Radney Foster (Foster and Lloyd). An important song from our times.  Taken from the incredible Strange Freedome: Songs of Love and Protest.  This is a wonderful album and so important for the times in which we live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment