Monday, October 16, 2017

Musique qui est nouveau Monday Morning Shuffle - It Takes a Pillage Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Well... we finally got some cooler weather here in Nashville.

The world continues to be a pretty screwed up place, and I struggle to find the line between staying aware of all that is going on and maintaining my sanity.

This Saturday night, two E2TG Artists of the Year appeared on the Grand Ole Opry stage (backing up Elizabeth Cook) - Jon Latham (2015) and Brian Wright (2016).  I say this just because I am really proud of those guys - not just for this but for all that they are doing.

Disheartened to see all the "Me, too" posts on Facebook from friends and people I admire. I have always believed in the basic goodness of people... and counted bad behavior as an aberration. Sometimes, I begin to doubt that.  This is one of those cases... I have a many female friends involved in  entertainment and sexual harassment and worse seems to be an almost universal experience. And it's not just the entertainment industry.  I wonder sometimes what percentage of men have done this, and what percentage have witnessed it and not spoken up. Am I in that latter group... sadly I know I am. This has to change. We need to talk about this and we need to denormalize (is that a word?) this behavior. I'll admit, I still have questions about what things I need to do or stop doing.  I need to admit that I have those questions and start conversations to get the answers.


In other news, if you wish me Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or Season Greetings... heck if you say anything to me out of kindness, I am okay with that and I appreciate it.  If you say you are praying for me or sending good thoughts or sending positive energy or anything meant to offer support, I am okay with that and I appreciate it. I think the "War on Christmas" is a lie perpetuated by the far right to divide people.  That's my feeling.  Throughout this "holiday season" try to treat people with kindness, try to think of those who are alone and lonely this time of year in particular, try to give more than you receive.  Do that (or at least try) and you are okay in my back not what if or what you celebrate. 

Ug.... a lot on my mind, and I didn't really intend to write any of that, but it's what came out....

The "New Music" playlist is just under 400 songs, but I have more ready to be added.  Let's shuffle:


"The Sound of Your Heartbreak" by Weird.

We begin with one of a handful of Italian bands that have come to my attention through E2TG.  Weird. are from Rome, Italy. Their latest album is called A Long Period of Blindness.  A cool and "Weird." way to kick off my morning.

"Pirate Party" by Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers

Monday morning around 7 a.m. may seem an odd time for a party, but there is never a bad time for a Pirate Party.  This is the title track from the latest album by East Nashville's resident pirate band. 

"Take Me With U" by Dan Brodie

Dan Brodie is an Australian artist. His latest album is called Lost Not Found. The album contains several cover versions of songs and a couple of original tunes.  The awesome part is that Brodie does even well known covers in a way that makes them uniquely his own.  That is true of this cover of a song by Prince from Purple Rain.  

"Loving is Breathing" by Sounding Arrow

Next, we have the title track from the new album by by this fairly new project by Scott Kinnebrew. Really love this song. 

"III" by Pat Power

Pat Power is one half of 2016 Band of the Year Valued Customer.  He is probably among the most talented, creative, and spiritually connected artists I have ever encountered. This is a track from his most recent release called Chants.   We previously played a 2014 version of this meditative track.  In the video playlist, we have a track of a dapper  young Pat Power from around seven years ago - which is around two years before I met him. 

"A Calm Sun" by Lesley Kernochan


Our third title track of the day - we have Los Angeles singer-songwriter from her latest album.  

"Emergency" by The Maxx

Next, we have a track from Funk Box - the latest release from this long-running Funk/Soul band from Atlanta. 

"Hard to Love What Your Kill" by Jake La Botz

And we close things out with another track from Sunnyside by  this actor/singer/songwriter currently based in Nashville.  


No comments:

Post a Comment