Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Bosom of the Valley Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook


Well, my outlook on life is much better today. The world is still a ginormous mess, but I am more at peace. Music heals.  Hanging out with friends listening to Jon Byrd and then Kevin Gordon at The Family Wash.  Then heading to The 5 Spot for a bit of $2 Tuesday (it had been too long) and catching a cool band called The Speedbumps and Derek Hoke's always awesome set.

I have a training this afternoon, so I have to post this a little early and can't dawdle too much....

It's Wednesday and we get "wild" on Wednesday by shuffling up all the songs on my phone....

Here goes!


"Red, Blue, and Gray" by The Who

First up, a beautiful song originally released on The Who's 1975 album The Who By Numbers. 

"The Gospel Train" by Sister Rosetta Tharpe

Rock and Roll trailblazer Rosetta Tharpe is on the ballot for admission into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  I generally stay out of the predictable debates about who should and shouldn't get in the HoF but, Sister Rosetta Tharpe deserves to be included. I listened to a live recording on "Gospel Train".

"Computer Inventor" by Mickey 9s

Next up, some Scottish alternative music - from the album The Party Manifesto which came out in 2015.

"Good Morning, Well..." by SuperCrashingStar

Next up, another awesome track from Digital Lo-Fi.  SuperCrashingStar are from New York City, and I really dig their original sound. 

"Hey Scarlet" by Your Illuminations

A first listen to Your Illuminations - a UK pop/rock band. This is a track from their 2016 album Mania. Anthemic rocking pop music.  

"Little Word" by Andrea Stray

Another first listen, we have Andrea Stray - a singer-songwriter who divides her time between San Francisco and Nashville with a track from her current release Into Blue. Really digging this music. 

"Shit Just Got Real" by AJ Hobbs

Next, one of my favorites from Too Much Is Never Enough.  AJ Hobbs is from L.A. And has become a favorite here at E2TG. 

"Oh Susanna" by Taj Mahal

Next up, the legendary Taj Mahal with his version of the standard - first released by him on his 1971 fourth album Happy to Be Just Like I am. 

"Cookeville" by Yankee Roses

And we close things out with a song named after my hometown. I came upon this song by chance when I was picking songs for one of our Double Shot shows - "Places" and wondered if there happened to be a song named after my hometown and it turns out there was. Yankee Roses is lead by George Geanuracos who has roots in Florida but now lives in Atlanta. It is from an EP called Dreamless Winter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment