Thursday, March 22, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Life's a Joke Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Okay... I'm getting closer to making some big announcements about the upcoming June Residency at The 5 Spot to celebrate the 7th Anniversary of this blog. Just tying up some loose ends. Stay tuned! We have some great music lined up!

So, the last two times now that I added music to my memory card on my phone, my "New Music" playlist has been wiped out. It didn't happen before. In any event, I had to recreate the playlist - which means I might have added some older stuff or whatever... In any event, the playlist started at 553 tracks before today's post.

Let's shuffle!

"You" by Lobelia

Lobelia is an American-born, UK based singer songwriter whose music incorporates elements of ambient/electronic music. She released her album, Love or Something Like It a little over a year ago, and we have been featuring it for a while. This is a lovely song, and a nice way to start my morning commute. 

"Come to My Bedside, My Darlin'" by Eric Andersen

We continue to feature songs from the forthcoming, career-spanning compilation - The Essential Eric Andersen - which is due out next Friday. This is a song recorded during the Nashville sessions for Andersen's Blue River album that was included as a bonus track on the CD Reissue. The album was produced by Norbert Putnam. Artists appearing on the album include Joni Mitchell and The Jordanaires. 

"Feather and Down" by Boris Garcia

Next up, we have a track from the album Around Some Corner by New York band Boris Garcia. The band combines elements of bluegrass, pop, and jam band. The album was produced by Tim Carbone of the band Railroad Earth. 

"We Are Censored" by Flesh Eating Foundation

Next up, we have one of the most recent additions to my playlist. This is the radio edit of the new release by UK industrial/heavy electronica band Flesh Eating Foundation. The uncensored version is called We Are Fucked. The release features several remixes of this song and some other songs sure to delight and repulse (or both). I particularly like how the censored "bleeps" fit in well with sound. And yes, this isn't the radio, so expect me to post about the uncensored version soon.  

"Secret Codes" by Kristin Hersh

We only have a couple more tracks from Wyatt at the Coyote Palace left to feature.  I have felt so grateful to be able to write about this album. As I previously mentioned, the vinyl reissue was put out by Happy Happy Birthday to Me Records. I was lucky enough to meet HHBTM founder Mike Turner during Athens PopFest (which he organizes) last year. 

"Ravioli's Dead" by Discount Ravioli

This song goes out to anyone who is tired of me posting all these Discount Ravioli tracks.  Ravioli is dead, viva Ravioli! 

"Gut Splinter" by Nova Flares

Next up, we have an instrumental track which combines elements of shoegaze, neo-psychedelia, and surf rock. Nova Flares is the solo project of Jason Wagers who is based out of Berea, Kentucky.  Berea, Kentucky is about three hours from Nashville, but this release traveled much further to reach my inbox. It came to me through Shameless Promotion PR and Shauna McLarnon.  Really digging this one so far. 

"Romero" by Broads

The next album - Field Theory by Broads also came to me via Shameless Promotion PR. Broads are from Norwich, UK. They describe their music as Whispery, drone folk.  I have been enjoying this album. 

"Life is Funny" by Langen Neubacher

And, we close out today's shuffle with a short but sweet song from Langen Neubacher of The Defeated County - off her solo EP Alone. We are anxiously awaiting the new album from The Defeated County.  I really loved their previous album Bar Tabs and Baby Names. Neubacher's solo album is a musical departure from the band's music. It is personal and lovely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment