Thursday, March 1, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Tupelo Carolina Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Yesterday, I posted a show alert for Erica Blinn, Andrew Leahey, and Liz Brasher at The 5 Spot.  Well, I went to that show last night, and it was fantastic. Saw so many good friends.

Liz Brasher is a force of nature. This was my first time seeing her, and she was amazing.
Erica Blinn is a powerhouse performer. Her set included a duet with Andrew Leahey on "Stop Dragging My Heart Around".
Andrew Leahey was backed by Jon Latham and the rest of his regular band (which also included Leahey).  This set included a cover of the Echo and the Bunnymen song "Lips Like Sugar" which took me back to my college days.

Tonight, I am checking out Music City Roots on the Road as they hit 3rd and Lindsley with a lineup that includes DADDY (Will Kimbrough and Tommy Womack), Kevin Gordon, Lillie Mae, and Katie Pruitt. Should be a fantastic show.

Back to our New Music playlist for Trending Tuesday. By the way, according to Facebook's on this date, it seems like two years ago was my first ever "Trending Tuesday" post.  Anyway, only four songs in the shuffle today (one was over 13 minutes longs). So, let's shuffle.

"Loud in Here" by The Nouveaux Honkies

First up, we have the title track from the brand new album from this Florida based band. Loud in Here - the album is due out tomorrow! I am really loving this album. "Mother lovin' Country Folkin' Blues"

"Unopened Letters" by Eraldo Bernocchi and Chihei Hatakeyama

This is the final track on Solitary Universe by this intriguing duo. This is a 13 minute piece of glorious ambient music. The sounds are made up of just two treated guitars. It is stunning and a perfect accompaniment to my rainy commute.  Listen to the track below:




"Tupelo" by Ben de la Cour

We are just over a month from the release of The High Cost of Living Strange. I'm digging hearing this album, and I highly recommend picking up your copy when it comes out. Ben has been on the road recently with Jon Dee Graham (the show I saw at The Local a couple of weeks ago was the start of that tour), and reading about people's reaction to hearing Ben's music for the first time is heartening. 

"Carolina in the Morning" by Andrew Reed


And we close out this shuffle with a lovely song from singer-songwriter Andrew Reed from his album If All the World Were Right. Wonderful album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment