Friday, August 9, 2019

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Hot Chicken Dreaming Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!




We are back!  A ton of new music already added to get to and a ton of new music not yet added.  Things are heating up around here with Muddy Roots coming at the end of this month and Americana Fest coming next month, and then the E2TG Fall Residency.  Whew!  All I can say is strap yourself in and enjoy the ride, I know I will!








"Stock King" by Eye Said So (feat. Dj CeNtipEde)

We start things off with another track from the self-titled debut EP by Austin, Texas based Eye Said So.  The music here is heavy alternative rock with some nifty beats and grooves. I'm digging it.  This track feat. Dj CeNtipEde.

"Dreaming" by WesdaRuler


Next up, we have another track from the forthcoming Ocean Drive release from Athens, Georgia based artist WesdaRuler aka Wesley Johnson.  This is captivating hip-hop music, and I am digging this hard. Check it out. 

"Name What You Are" by Justin Peter Kinkel-Schuster

I am also digging the forthcoming new album by Arkansas singer-songwriter Justin Peter Kinkel-Schuster. Take Heart, Take Care will be out on the 30th of this month.  Kinkel-Schuster will be hitting Nashville on September 5 at The Basement. 

"Hot Chicken and An Ice Cold 40" by Rich Mahan

It is lunch time as I write this, and I sure wish I had me some hot chicken and an ice cold 40 right about now. This tasty song comes from Hot Chicken Wisdom - the new album from Nashville's own Rich Mahan. This is a great album and a great song.  

"After the Anthropocene" by Golden Ghost

A deeply affecting 10 minute track from the new album by Golden Ghost (aka Laura Goetz).  The Big Sleep: Future is the next installment of The Big Sleep work - following up on The Big Sleep: Prologue from 2018.  Captivating music that I could listen to all day long. 

"The Weight (The Otay Suite)" by Mrs. Henry

Next up, we have a cover of the The Band's classic The Weight from the The Last Waltz tribute by California band Mrs. Henry.  In the film and original album, the song was remade with Pops and Mavis Staples on a soundstage after the concert.  

"Don't Follow Me" by Rude Audio

Next up, we have another track from Street Light Interference by UK collective Rude Audio.  Great stuff. 

"Nowhere USA" by Tony Logue

We close things out with another track from Live on Red Barn Radio by Kentucky singer-songwriter Tony Logue.  This was a direct artist submission, and it makes me wish I could listen to every direct submission I get, and it also makes me grateful I listened to this one.  Check him out!


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment