Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Tapout Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

  *Note: The video playlist at the bottom of the post attempts to closely approximate the shuffle I listened to on my way to work this morning. When a video for a song was not available, I substituted another song by the same artist. When I could not find any videos by an artist, I included a related video or did not include a video for that track. This blog may reference unreleased tracks, however, no unreleased music is ever included.

The E2TG 8th Anniversary is now only ONE WEEK away!  

September 25 - Week 1: Ben Arthur + Conrad y Skordalia

October 2 - Week 2: Ryan Sobb + Don Gallardo

October 9 - Week 3: The Truehearts + Jason Erie

October 16 - Week 4:  Josh Gray  + Meghan Hayes

October 23 - Week 5: Microwave Mountain + The Big Dumb






I got a bunch of new music added last night,  After a couple weeks off, I have brought back Wild Wednesday in the traditional sense.  Actually, Wild Wednesday as it exists now is pretty much classic E2TG - a shuffle of all the music on my phone (new, old, etc.).  Let's get on it!


"Highway Signs" by Mark Cline Bates

From the "New Music" playlist, we have another track from King of The Crows from West Virginia based singer-songwriter Mark Cline Bates. I have mentioned before that this album was produced by Don Dixon who is perhaps best known for co-producing the first two R.E.M. albums with Mitch Easter. I got to meet and introduce Don, Mitch, and Chris Stamey at The Mercy Lounge last Friday. It was an honor. King of the Crows is a great and great sounding album. Love this song. 

"Words" by Moist

Searching for "Words" by Moist on You Tube will get you a lot of clips about people talking about how much they don't like hearing the word "moist".  In this case, Moist is a Swedish producer, artist, and remixer named David Elfström Lilja. The album we are featuring is called Lavine - it came out this year. I have to say, the word "moist" doesn't really bother me - I guess I'm ambivalent about it, but I do dig the sound of Moist the artist from Sweden. 

"Another Life" by Anders Dahlberg

One of the joys of AmericanaFest is reconnecting with my friends who come every year from all over the world. One of my favorites is Rune and his delegation from the Dust of Daylight music blog from Norway. For the past couple of years, they have been spending much of their Americana week plus recording intimate sessions with some of the coolest folks in the Americana world.  This year, Rune brought over a couple of CDs from some of his favorite Norwegian artists. I finally got myself together after Americana and got these CDs uploaded. This is our first listen to Street Serenade from Anders Dahlberg (with some tracks credited to Anders Dahlberg and The Rusty Gold).  I have never questions Rune's taste when it comes to great music, so it was no surprise at all when I found that I really love this music. Can't want to hear more. 

"Caravan" by Ummagma

Caravan was a single released ahead of the new album Compass from Canadian/Ukrainian band Ummagma. Great track. 

"Pirate Party" by Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers

Excellent timing shuffle!  Tomorrow is Talking Like a Pirate Day, and Tom Mason and his merry band of Blue Buccaneers will be coming ashore to Dee's tomorrow night to celebrate. It is sure to be a Pirate Party - which happens to be the song that came up today (and the title track from the 2016 album by the East Nashville band. My favorite Pirate band in the world. 

"I've Been Lovin' You" by Alicia Michilli

Next up, we have a track from the self-titled 2015 five song release from Nashville (by way of Detroit) singer-songwriter Alicia Michelli. Soulful and cool music. 

"Plight" by Minutemen

From What Makes a Man Start Fires? (via Post Mersh Vol. 1) by the San Pedro band Minutemen. Mike Watt composed all the music on this album and all of the lead vocals are by D. Boon. I am going to be seeing Mike Watt in October at the Exit/In. 

"GuadaFornia" by De Surfures

Next up, we have some Spanish surf music from the self-title debut by De Surfures.  The band have some more recently music that I have been checking out. 

"I  Got a Gun" by Clint Morgan

We featured Clint Morgan's Scofflaw album pretty heavily a few year back. Today, we have a track from that album.  The album is all about breaking the law and dealing (or not) with the consequences. 

"Dirty Hands and Dirty Feet" by Ashleigh Flynn

Going back to the A Million Stars release from singer-songwriter Ashleigh Flynn who we most recently caught up with with her band The Riveters. A Million Stars was recorded live in front of small audience and sounds amazing. This is our penultimate track from this fantastic album. 

"Tapout" by Venkman

Next up, we have a track from Lichfield band Venkman from Kakkorhaphiophobia really great stuff. 

"The Heist" by Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue

We close with some cool instrumental blues Jams via Ruzz Guirar's Blues Revue. 

VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment