Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - Too Much Rain Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

ICYMI: We premiered a new song from Bill Bloomer this morning.  You can check out "Doing Things Different" - HERE



I have a bunch of new music to  add to my playlist, but I also have a bunch of music in my playlists - so let's get to some of it.  It is time for the Trending Tuesday shuffle!


"Deep Water" by The Campfire Flies

We start things off with another lovely song from Sparks Like Little Stars from the New Jersey band The Campfire Flies. I can almost smell the smoke and taste the toasted marshmallows while listening to this album. 

"Lover's Curse" by Josh Hyde

We have some serious Louisiana hoodoo with Josh Hyde from his album Into the Soul. Part of that Nashville/Louisiana connection that is so strong. 

"Automatic Death Machine" by Dead in 5

Next up, we have the title track from Detriot hard rockers Dead in 5.  Always a nice pick-me-up for my morning commute. 
"No Reason Left To Stay" by RJ Chesney

Next, an absolutely gorgeous song from Amateur Revolution by California singer-songwriter RJ Chesney.  I am digging this album - which has a connection to Norway - which always makes me think of my friend Rune.  Just three months until Americana Fest!

"You're My All" by Tommy Jones and the Troubadours

Next up, we have a first listen. It is a direct artist submission all the way from Stepney in the East End of London.  The Truth Will Out - the debut album by Tommy Jones and the Troubadours was released in April. This is our first listen - lovely ballad. The album was recorded at Monnow Valley/Rockfield studios in Wales - where Oasis, The Verve, and Queen recorded.  It was mastered at Abbey Road Studios (I can't remember who recorded there).   More to come from this one. 

"Too Much Rain" by Rod Picott

It was raining when I walked into my office this mornings, so it seemed appropriate to have this song come up. We are moving on into Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil by Nashville based songwriter and publish author Rod Picott. Picott is an incredible songwriter, and he has made a wonderful album. So happy to be able to present it. 

"Return to Ithaca" by Sonic Reducers

We return to Ithaca and another track from the self-titled debut album by Sonic Reducers.  The band formed this past year at Cornell University, and as I have mentioned, it features Luke Slomba (The Foresters, Discount Ravioli, Flavored Cardboard).  Nice to hear the "kids" making some straight up punk rock music. 

"Loose Lucy" by Rich Mahan

Next up, we have another track from Rich Mahan off his forthcoming Hot Chicken Wisdom album. Rich Mahan is a huge Grateful Dead fan, and so it is no wonder he included a Dead cover song on this new album. Loose Lucy was included on the band's 1974 album From the Mars Hotel.  The song was written by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter. Mahan delivers a strong cover of the song. 

"Stand Up and Crawl" by Junior Cheyne

Next up, we have a first listen to Ain't That at Cheyne by California folk/acoustic country act Junior Cheyne. I don't have much information about this band, but stayed tuned and we will have more. 

"Schizophrenic Razor" by Dead in 5

Nice to have a calm song to ease me into my proper work attitude... just kidding - more pure aggression - and pure hard rock from the streets of Detroit.  


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment