Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Law and Order Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!



The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)


Well, I still have a couple more posts (one done and one not done) to go to finish off 2018, but it is 2019 and I am back to work.  So... here is our first shuffle of 2019. It is Wednesday - so let's get wild! It's been a little while since we did a Wild Wednesday shuffle - which is where we shuffle all the songs in my phone.

I have a huge collection of music to add to the mix to begin 2019. This is music accumulated from late November until now that I didn't get a chance to upload in December. I'll hopefully be getting that done tonight.

For now, let's shuffle!



"Come Back to Me" by Frank Sinatra

We start things off with a song from the album Framcis A. and Edward K.  A 1968 release and collaboration between Francis A. Sinatra and Edward K. (Duke) Ellington. This is the last track on the album and was written by Alan Jay Lerner and Burton Lane. Lane is credited with discovering 13 year old Frances Gumm (Judy Garland).
"Polin' on the Bayou" by Bill and Colleen Cade

Next up, we have a song from the album Bill and  Colleen Cade which was released in 2005. The album contains original songs as well as some notable covers - including a rare Guy Clark song and one written by David Olney.  Sadly, Colleen Cade passed away in an automobile accident shortly after the album was released. 

"Noguchi" by Phranc

Next we have a track from Phranc's 1985 album Folksinger. The song is about former L.A. county coroner Thomas Noguchi (the corner to the stars). It is widely thought that Noguchi was the inspiration for the character of Quincy M.E. - played by Jack Klugman. Phranc references this in the song which is critical of Dr. Noguchi. 

"Whispers to Oblivion" by The Danbury Lie

E2TG favorite The Danbury Lie returns to the shuffle with the title track to his video release - Whispers to Oblivion. The video was mostly shot during his cross-country move from Connecticut to the Pacific Northwest and includes some footage shot from my van during his stopover in Nashville. 

"Velvet Eyes" by K. Michelle Dubois

Next up, we have a track from the 2018 release Harness by Atlanta singer-songwriter K Michelle DuBois.  A wonderful album.

"Where Were You (On Our Wedding Day)?" by Walter Lure and the Waldos

Next up, we have Walter Lure and the Waldos with their version of a Lloyd Price song from their 2018 album Wacka Lacka Boom Bop A Loom Bam Boo.  Lure was a founding member of New York punk legends The Heartbreakers. He also played with The Ramones on three of their albums. 

"dancehall prayers" by ricky mirage

Next up, we have one from the E2TG archives - I guess you might say. This is from the album pop goes the sun by Chicago-based multi-instrumentalist ricky mirage aka Nick Harris. If I remember correctly (which is honestly about a 50/50 proposition. This album was recommended by Aaron Lee Tasjan - back in the day. 

"Steal My Skin" by Bart Foley

As I mentioned in a post that I haven't posted yet, I received a ton of great music in 2018, and as much as I wish I could have, I didn't get to all of it. So, this is a first listen to an EP called Outside The Light by London based Irish singer-songwriter Bart Foley. The EP contains a tribute song to Tom Petty - which hopefully we will get to soon. 

"I Pray It Never Comes to This" by Steve Poltz

Steve Poltz is an absolute delight. Some of my friends know him well. I just know he is charming and funny and one of the best songwriters around. He is known to some for his work with Jewel on her debut album. This is a track from Poltz's 2012 album Noineen Noiny Noin. 

"Law and Order" by Tomorrow's Eve

We close out our first shuffle of the new year with a song by progressive metal band Tomorrow's Eve from their 2018 album Mirror Of Creation III – Project Ikaros. A heavy 8+ minute song to get me into my office to start my day. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST





No comments:

Post a Comment