Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - She Wants Something Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)





I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed three - January - March 2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018



I am not someone who complains (publicly) (too much) when things are not going well in my life, and I am also not someone who likes to talk about it when things seem to be going well. Maybe that is because those two extremes often seem to come within minutes of each other. It's usually not very extreme - there are things that help with this - but anyway.... what was my point? Oh- this week has been interesting.  Parts have been challenging... but I have really enjoying catching up with some people I haven't had the chance to in a while, and I have enjoyed meeting new people.  And hearing some great music.  Tomorrow night is going to be one of those nights when I wish I could be in at least three places at the same time.

Oh and I go to the dentist this afternoon.  The last time I went there, I was there seven and half hours.  Hopefully, I will not be there until midnight tonight....

It is mid-week - a time when we get "wild" at E2TG and shuffle up all of the music saved to my phone. Let's do it!


"Bozeman" by Matt Prater

Matt Prater's album Tables and Chairs came out at the very end of 2014, and it came to my attention in 2015.  It is a wonderful album, and this song is probably my favorite on the album. I have played this on Double Shot - my radio show with Sue on WXNA.  

"Grizzly Bear" by Lowell Levinger - Banana From The Youngbloods

Next up, we have a track from Get Together: Banana Recalls Youngbloods Classics.  Lowell Levinger was a member of the sixties rock band The Youngbloods. He releases this album in 2015.  That same year, I got to see Banana performing at The 5 Spot. The song was originally released on the Youngbloods 1967 self-titled album - an album that also included their biggest hit "Get Together".

"Spongetown" by George Trouble

Next up, we have a song from the current "New Music" playlist - George Trouble from his album PLOW.  I am so glad I got to see George a couple of weeks ago at Radio Cafe with Megan Palmer. This was his first appearance in Nashville since he guested on the first ever E2TG Presents show thanks to our mutual friend Johnny McCollam. George Trouble (aka George Terry McDonald) is kicking ass these days. Check out PLOW and also Jawbone by his band, The Zealots. 

"Soul and Bone" by Christine Rosander

Next up, we have another track from Been a Long Time by California singer-songwriter Christine Rosander.  This is on my list of favorite albums of 2018. You can hear a song from that album in my January 2018 playlist which is linked above. 

"Modern Day Privateers" (Assemblage 23 Remix) by And We All Die

Next we have another from the "New Music" playlist - this comes from the fantastic remix album of "Modern Day Privateers".   We have already heard several of the remixes including remixes from Rodney Anonymous (Dead Milkmen) and Daniel Ash (Poptone, Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Tones on Tail.  This remix is by the Seattle Electronic band - Assemblage 23.

"Not Right" by The Stooges

Moving on, we have a track from the self-titled 1969 debut album by Detroit rockers The Stooges.  The Stooges got their break when Elektra Records sent Danny Fields to scout the MC5, and that band turned Fields onto The Stooges - who were gaining a reputation for great live shows and extreme behavior by their lead singer - Iggy Pop. 

"Sensation" by The Room in the Wood

Next up is a first listen from the self-titled debut alum from Liverpool band, The Rom in the Wood. This band has drawn comparisons to Wall of Voodoo and the Fall. More to come about this album and this band, 

"Crush on You" by Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

We still have 24 songs to go from this live recording of a show on the 2016 The River tour. This song was kind of deep cut on side two of the album. 

"Love Theme" by Graeme Revell


We close with the Love Theme from the film Until the End of the World . It was written and performed by New Zealand composer and musician Graeme Revell. A nice way to end today's shuffle. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment